Sunday, July 31, 2011

Joker

Joker was a gorgeous light buckskin with a beautiful caramel-colored dappling that came out deeper in the summer. Joker had been a rent horse for a short time before I came along, but a kind lady had fallen in love with his big gentle heart and purchased him for her own. His love and appreciation for her was apparent in the way he looked at her. I remember when I was given permission to ride Joker to give him a little extra exercise. I couldn’t believe I was going to get to ride such a beautiful horse! He would get regular compliments on how pretty he was, and I would just beam proudly as though he were mine. Joker needed you to earn his trust, but he also needed you to trust him in return. Joker required that I was always consistent and transparent in my actions, and all the while he remained sweet and good-natured. I’m happy to report that Joker is still being spoiled and doted upon by his loving owner to this day, and he deserves every bit of it.

Joker

No comments:

Post a Comment