Monday, September 26, 2011

A Very Mare-y Monday

I think I'm going to start a new thing called Mare-y Mondays. Everybody knows that mares can be pretty pissy, and everybody also knows that people can be pretty pissy on the first day of the week. Hence, Mare-y Mondays, on which I will feature something humorously mare-related to brighten your Monday! Expect funny mare stories, blips on mares up for adoption, funny pictures and more. Feel free to submit your own mare encounters under comments! I would love to hear them and post them next Monday!


The Very Angry Mare  
Ever feel like this?? I'm pretty sure I looked this way this morning.

And today you also get a short story . . .

"Founder"

"One morning, the farmer went out at sunrise to feed the horses. He fed all of his horses but one. As he was walking to his mare's stall to feed her, he discovered she wasn't there. So he told his wife and they looked for her all day and finally at sunset, the farmer opened the door to the barn and found his mare 
with her head in a half empty bag of sweet feed. The farmer yelled to his wife, 'FOUND'ER!' " 


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea for your new feature! I've been riding a gelding primarily for the past few years, but with my sister on maternity leave, I'll be riding her mare- who certainly has plenty of pissy-ness to go around :)

    great joke- looking forward to more!

    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thank you so much, Corinna! You'll have to let me know if the mare does anything noteworthy so I can feature her! lol!

    ReplyDelete