Saturday, October 1, 2011

Doggie Birthday Party!

*Don't be mad- this post is actually not entirely about horses but I just have to share it with you!

This weekend I'm having a birthday party for my dog! My husband (and many other people, I'm sure) think I'm crazy, but I can't wait! He's turning 5, and you can bet he will have a big wax "5" candle on his cake!

Oh yeah, he's definitely going to have a cake! Dog friendly, of course, made with shredded carrots, peanut butter, and a couple other doggie-safe ingredients.

Human guests will get to eat too, but here's the twist- I'm going to make the human cake in the shape of a dog bowl with cocoa puffs as the "dog food." The natural thing to do with the dog cake, then, is to make it look like a real birthday cake for people! I'm so excited.

Doggie guests will get a bandana in their favorite color to commemorate the party, along with a toy for their party favor! Dax is so excited about having his friends over! I need to make sure to have a talk with him about how the party favors are for the guests, and not all for him.

I've still got to go get a party hat for the birthday boy, and a few other things, but I thought I would leave you with this adorableness:


Have a great weekend! I'll post pics of the party soon, and don't worry- my next posts will be back to horses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment