Thursday, October 27, 2011

Honk If You Love Trail Rides! 
(But not if you're driving PAST people trail riding, ha!)


I'm getting so excited for the annual Remember Me Racehorse Rescue trail ride!! It's coming up on November 5, and I absolutely can't wait. It's been so long since I've been on a trail ride, especially since I used to spend 15 hours a week on the trails!

Come if you're in the area- it'll be at Lake Ray Roberts from noon to five. I'm going to soak up those five hours as much as I can! (It's a lot harder to find good trail riding in Texas than it was when I lived in California, unless you have your own sprawling ranch!)

The trail ride is a fundraiser for the permanent residents at Remember Me Rescue. Lights on Broadway, Texas Horse of the Year, and Yeah Me Do, better known as Yammi, are two of them! Yammi will be there giving pony rides to kids in all his adorable 28-year-old ex-racehorse glory. I'm thinking of entering him in the costume contest- any costume suggestions?!

If you would like to attend or even help sponsor the fundraiser, please email me at snmcfarlin@gmail.com. The rescued racehorses will thank you!

The beloved Yammi!

Lights on Broadway

No comments:

Post a Comment